Saturday, July 23, 2011

Skating time!

We helped a friend, Savannah celebrate her 10th birthday last weekend.  We got to go skating!  This was Carson's first time on skates.  He would NOT let me hold his hand to help him.  He absolutely loved it. 

He did decide that he wanted to hold my hand as soon as I was persuaded into putting skates on by Caleb.  Caleb at the tender age of 11 thought he could out-skate his mom.  HA, I showed him!  I talked Carson into letting me skate one time by myself and brought out the old skills.  Caleb wanted to race and....BURN.  His "old" mama has mad skills on skates.  I was really glad I didn't fall.  A fall in these years is a lot different than in earlier years for sure.  Those 5 times around that rink brought back some of the funniest and best times.  I couldn't quit singing "We like the cars, the cars that go boom.  We're Tigra and Bunny and we like the boom!" Love those memories!  Fun times.  Fun times!